Friday, December 30, 2011

My World Is Created, It's Different Every Time


Hey, valued customers! Thank you for purchasing a free Internet browser (hopefully) and logging on to my site! If you were mistakenly redirected here by a misguided friend, there's most likely nothing I can do about that, unless I am that misguided friend. Many of you probably know about the indie game Minecraft by Mojang AB. As I said in the first article I wrote for this blog, I may, at times, just post random crap if I'm bored. As a side note, when my sister read (I told you so) that article, she said, and I quote, "Jake, you can't post bad words on your blog! It's against the rules!" I can't wait until she's 13. :) Back to random crap. I enlisted in the music service Spotify when it was introduced, and was glad to see that there was almost every piece of music. Ever. Being a nerd and not being very imaginative, I immediately searched "video games" in the search bar. Many things popped up, but nothing that looked particularly compelling, so I searched for the next thing in my mind: Minecraft. This may be because I was gearing up for a 4 hour gaming marathon on my computer, most of which was to consist of building my house in Minecraft with the TMI mod and oodles of sand to make glass. Why do I specifically mention glass? That, my dear Watson, is because even though I was cheating to make the core of my house, I wanted some large part of it to be legitimate. Being too afraid of Creepers, Minecraft's iconic baddies, who bear a striking resemblance to gangrenous genetalia, in the caves, I decided not to legitimately find the diamonds, gold, lapis lazuli, obsidian, and clay (not to mention glowstone) needed in my plans for a pyramid house with a layer of each material. The glowstone was for lighting. Nearby my house was a beach, and under the land near my house has stone. I used the stone to make a furnace, and then smelted the literally thousands of blocks of sand I had acquired on my journeys through the Land of Cubes into glass. That glass surrounds my house in an attempt to make it look like an Apple Store. But that's all beside the point. The point is that I needed music for the several hours it would take to both smelt, place, and renovate the glass and glass structures I was in preparations to create. I searched for "minecraft" in the search bar, and up popped the things I was looking for: music made for playing the game. I clicked on the soundtrack to Minecraft, Minecraft: Volume Alpha by C418, but found it underwhelming. Needing a better album to listen to while arranging my non-crystalline attachments, I clicked on the next thing in the results, a collection of songs called Minecraft: Epics by Bobby Yarsulik. I know, I had never heard of him either. After listening to his album, I actually kinda liked the music, About 90% of this guy's songs are about Minecraft, and most of them are on YouTube, anyway. Going back to the reason I wrote this article, I advise you to check out Bobby Yarsulik's music on YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, Slackr, Rdio, iTunes, or any other way you get your music. My final opinion was that some of his songs were pretty good, like Minecraft: The Song, Skeletons, and Ballad of the Creeper, but some were really bad. Like worse then Friday bad. Check out some of his stuff, I have the Minecraft: The Song video embedded up top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment